Hello everyone, I hope you have good weekend!
This weekend, I went to a new restaurant in Futakotamagawa (located close to the 109 Cinemas) called 100 Spoons (100本のスプーン).
You can see the detailed explanation of this restaurant in their official website here.
What made me interested with this restaurant is actually their unique menu which is called “Little big plates”
Yes, as depicted by its name this dish contain of mini dishes (in total 10 dishes mixed) from appetizer until dessert. The price is 1980 JPY. Let me explain about the content one by one (please note that the content might change due to the season, this version is Autumn-Winter 2018 version)
- Shrimp bisque and french bread rolls (shrimp bisque tastes nice, although the bread roll is a little hard it will be better if you dunk it inside the bisque)
- Stir-fry fusilli with green veggies (it is a little bit bland to be honest)
- Marinated salmon and potato salad (very refreshing!)
- Garden salad with balsamic vinegar and parmesan (standard)
- Mushroom bruschetta (standard)
- Fried-potato (as a potato lover, this disappointed me a lot 😦 I understand that they make their own fried-potato (not a frozen-package) but they just did not fry it well. It is not cruncy and very dry, and lack of salt)
- Hamburg Steak with Demi Glace Sauce (it is located in a little teppan, covered in foil. To be honest it tasted really really good! The steak was chewy and demi glace sauce tastes very rich. There is also moisture inside because I think they combined the cooking technique with steaming!)
- Chicken curry with rice (standard)
- (they said it is) Tiramisu (i really do not know what cake it is. Yes it got a little bit of dash of mascarpone and coffee powder on top, but also with berry sauce and berry chunks? Maybe this is meant to be a berry tiramisu, but i really still like the classical tiramisu better)
Well, it looks like a lot of food, but actually it is not. Especially when you are sharing. We also ordered Hamburg Steak with Gravy which also tasted excellent.
So, tips from me if you go here : do order only their beef-related dishes since they are excellent!
Another thing which is cute about this restaurant is they provide coloring paper in the first page of menu book and colored pencil, so me and my boyfriend went crazy coloring! 🙂
Also, they have relaxing atmosphere and open-kitchen with friendly chefs that will smile when you take their photo!
So I guess, I will visit again sometimes if I go to Futakotamagawa.
That’s it for tonight guys!
With loads of love,