Back with me! Right now actually I’m enjoying my (super late) summer holiday here in Indonesia. I guess it’s autumn already actually in Japan, but anyway, this summer holiday is just full of food~
I guess I will write some new restaurant review as well later on.
However, today I will share a recipe in this blog! Well not only the recipe! Actually I am making my first…. COOKING VIDEO! Yay!
*so, yes, I like cooking and it’s actually really fun to share how to cook delicious food in a simple way*
My first time is a very easy and simple Japanese food called… Gyūdon (牛丼), beef over rice bowl. This is a very famous Japanese food, if you are living in Indonesia maybe you can easily find this food in Yoshinoya. But since this food is simple but very fulfilling and delicious, why don’t we try to make it by myself? *wink
SO LET’S GET STARTED!! (thanks Mom for lending the kitchen, lol)
This is the video…
- Sliced beef
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- Dashi (fish broth) : you can make it by boiling 120 mL of water with dashi no moto powder
- Japanese soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- Green onion/leek (chopped)
- Brings dashi mixture to boil over medium heat and add Kikkoman and sugar
- Soften the onion by putting it inside the dashi soup mixture, cover the lid while waiting to prevent evaporation of the soup
- Once it’s soften, put sliced beef one by one
- Make sure everything is evenly cooked
- Serve over warm rice with chopped leek and warm miso soup!
Simple isn’t it? Anyway, I hope that I can be consistent in making this cooking video!
With loads of love ♡
Afifa Ayu Koesoema